When you have spacing, alignment, or bite issues with your teeth, you may feel embarrassed to show your smile. What’s more, the long-standing and traditional means for addressing these aesthetic concerns have been metal braces, which many find equally embarrassing and uncomfortable. Thankfully, however, there have been recent advancements in braces technology with Invisalign® Clear Braces leading the way.
Most people find traditional metal braces a nuisance in look and feel. The process of straightening teeth with this method often takes years and can be painful during adjustments. Since Invisalign® Clear Braces have come onto the market they’ve revolutionized the way people feel about having to need braces. That’s because they offer many benefits over traditional braces, most importantly, offering an aesthetically pleasing alternative to a mouth full of metal.
While the predominant motivation for braces is to fix how your teeth look, it also aids in the overall health of your mouth, as these cosmetic issues can lead to other oral health concerns in the future. At Adler Advanced Dentistry, Dr. Michael Adler understands this and works with you to make sure that your teeth will not only look great but will be healthy as well.
Invisalign® Clear Braces can help with a number of cosmetic dental concerns, including:
- Overbite: This happens when your upper teeth hang over your lower teeth. This can lead to problems with your gums, excess wear on your lower teeth, and jaw and joint issues if left untreated.
- Underbite: This is when the lower teeth stick out past the top teeth. This may also lead to jaw and joint issues as well as excess tooth wear.
- Gaps in teeth: This happens if your jawbone continues to grow more than normal or if you have a missing tooth, surrounding teeth may shift and create gaps. This can lead to problems with your gums and heightened risk of periodontal disease if left untreated.
- Crossbite: This occurs when the top and lower jaws are misaligned. This issue can create wear on the teeth, bone deterioration, and increased risk of gum disease.
- Open bite: This issue is when some teeth cannot make contact with opposing teeth to create a correct bite. This can lead to painful chewing, speech issues, and even risk of developing TMJ.
- Crowded teeth: This occurs when there is not enough jaw space for all the teeth to fit normally. Left untreated, teeth can become excessively crooked, have increased plaque buildup, tooth decay, and an increased risk of gum disease.
As you can see, these issues, while being aesthetically unpleasing, can also lead to serious oral health concerns when left untreated. Invisalign® Clear Braces can help fix these dental issues and give you the confidence that your smile isn’t marred by metal.
Dr. Alder will go over all of the details about Invisalign® Clear Braces during your consultation and also determine your candidacy for this treatment. If it’s determined that Invisalign® Clear Braces is right for your situation, Dr. Adler will explain what you can expect for the process and work with you every step of the way so you can feel comfortable and confident that your smile will look and feel great.
If you’d like to learn more about Invisalign® Clear Braces and how they can help you, please contact us by filling out the form on this page or by calling us at to schedule your free consultation. We proudly provide services to those who live in Boulder and the surrounding community in Colorado.