Adler Advanced Dentistry brings the most innovative, most effective treatments, techniques and technologies to people in Boulder. With care from a prestigiously trained dental hygienist, you can benefit from our holistic, high-tech teeth cleanings to improve and protect your oral health. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about us, please call .
State-of-the-Art Teeth Cleaning at Adler Advanced Dentistry
Our dental team is continually trained in the latest, most effective dental hygiene and holistic teeth cleaning techniques. Our dental hygienist has received state-of-the-art dental hygiene training at the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies.
We treat all aspects or your oral health, prioritizing the use of non-toxic, holistic materials and techniques whenever possible. Our teeth cleanings stand out from a standard cleaning, featuring some of the following innovations when appropriate:
- Laser Reduction of Bacteria: Our hygienist may use a soft-tissue laser to decontaminate your gums before cleaning your gums and teeth. The laser uses light to painlessly reduce harmful bacteria in your gums that lead to gum disease. Our laser can also be used in the treatment of severe periodontal disease to painlessly remove infected tissue and encourage new tissue growth. We also use our lasers to treat canker sores and herpetic lesions such as cold sores.
- Microsonic/Ultrasonic Scaling: In conjunction with traditional dental cleaning techniques, our hygienist uses a microsonic instrument to clear away tartar and buildup on your teeth. The microsonic scaler vibrates, painlessly reducing plaque, tartar and bad bacteria. The instrument then washes away the loosened debris. This technology uses sound to break up the bacteria on a microscopic level so that it is easily released from the teeth. It also destroys the biofilm (a slimy, sticky substance produced by bacteria). Breaking up the biofilm is not something that you can do at home with a toothbrush and flossing.
- Probiotics: Just like your gut, your mouth should contain a healthy balance of supportive bacteria, called Streptococcus Salivarius. For some people lacking a healthy balance, we offer chewable oral probiotics to sustain your oral health naturally. Oral probiotics can treat gum disease, bad breath, tartar buildup and other conditions.
- Arestin: This antimicrobial gel contains mincrospheres- tiny particles- that are filled with the antibiotic minocycline hydrochloride. These micropheres release the antibiotic over time to kill disease causing bacteria harbored in gum pockets. Our experienced dental hygienist will gently apply the gel into the gum pocket, essentially by squirting it into the pocket with a syringe.
- Velscope Oral Cancer Screening: This is a wireless handheld scope that uses natural tissue florescence to enhance the way we see oral abnormalities that might not be apparent to the naked eye. A study released by the national cancer institute confirms that oral cancers have risen an astounding 225% from 1998-2004.
You deserve your best oral health and a dentistry team that is committed to helping you find individualized treatments.
Meet Talia, Your Dental Hygienist
Talia has more than a decade of experience as a dental hygienist. She received extensive training at the Las Vegas Institute (LVI) for Advanced Dental Studies, where she learned cutting-edge knowledge and techniques in dental hygiene. Talia is passionate about helping her patients enjoy great oral health. Speaking of her career, Talia said, "making personal connections with my patients has been an amazing plus to my profession!" She believes everyone deserves to be able to live life to the fullest, and she is driven by seeing how a healthy smile can enhance her patients' happiness and confidence.
With a sister who is also a dental hygienist and an uncle who is a dentist, Talia took an early interest in the dental profession. After working as a dental assistant for 5 years, Talia obtained an Associate of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene from Community College of Denver and was the president of her class. When she decided to continue her education at LVI, Talia was inspired by the institution's curriculum to take her dental hygiene care to an advanced level with the techniques and knowledge she had learned. Dr. Adler's commitment to LVI and the LVI philosophy made Adler Advanced Dentistry a perfect fit for the care she is passionate about providing. Talia has taken further coursework at LVI and continues to refine her knowledge by attending dental hygiene study clubs in the Boulder area.
Originally from Oklahoma, Talia now lives in the Colorado mountains with her husband of 11 years, Brian, and her two amazing children, Emmy and Jax. Talia and her family enjoy all the Colorado outdoor lifestyle has to offer, including hiking, biking and skiing. Talia is also an artist in her free time, with a particular interest in pottery and painting.
To schedule your routine dental cleaning with Talia, please call Adler Advanced Dentistry in Boulder today.
The Importance of Effective At-Home Dental Hygiene
The other half of effective dental hygiene is what you do in between your teeth cleanings at our practice, such as:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, using a soft-bristled toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums. Studies show electric toothbrushes are now far better than manual toothbrushes.
- Floss once a day, every day, gently moving the floss around the contour of each tooth down to the gum line.
- We strongly advise the use of a Waterpik® daily. Waterpik® use can effectively break up biofilm that hold bacteria. Our experienced team will educate you on the most effective way use the Waterpik®.
- We offer several holistic products to assist in your home care.
- Visit us for your routine cleaning and exam, which is needed to remove tartar, check for early signs of dental problems and generally maintain good dental health.
- Eat a healthy, balanced, nutritious diet with plenty organic vegetables, healthy fats, and organic protein (unless, of course, you have other dietary instructions from your physician). Just as food nourishes your body, it also nourishes your teeth and gums, and all of the interdependent systems of your body.
- Consider a supplement regimen as recommended by our dentistry team to boost your immune system strength and your dental health.
At Adler Advanced Dentistry, Dr. Adler and our team provide individualized assessments and guidance so that you can have the high-quality, effective and beneficial dental care you deserve.
Want to learn more about the advanced Boulder teeth cleaning and dental hygiene services at Adler Advanced Dentistry? Please call us at . We offer free consultations so you can meet our dentist and staff, ask us questions and find out if our practice is a good fit for your priorities.